Thursday 5 September 2013

Photographers

Well I looked up a few photographers, to gain an even broader perspective and what I can do as a photographer. Im self taught and so this is all read, note, understand, attempt, reflect type process.

Trey Ratcliffe is a contemporary photographer who focuses on the theme of 'Travel'. He sees the world as Rich, vibrant, romantic — like a movie! His genereal technique is HDR (High Dynamic Range) Which is a set of methods used to capture grater dynamic range between the lightest and darkest areas of an image. Trey himself states HDR as "you can see all the light in the final photo that you can see when you are standing on the scene." Mostly it is created using HDR software, Trey uses the Photomatix ProDespite this he has recommended Photoshop as another software program to use which is great as this is the software I use.
The Bamboo Forest While exploring Kyoto, I eventually found my way to this fanciful bamboo forest.  There had been a light rain most of the morning and everything was quite lovely.  The rain does strange things as it moves its way through these sorts of trees.  I waited and waited, and that was nice too.  In the early afternoon, the rain stopped while the sun peeked through the top.  It shone down while the earlier rain misted down from the tops of the trees.- Trey RatcliffClick here to read the rest of this post at the Stuck in Customs blog.

I've decided to follow his tutoria and try to create my own HDR photo for research purposes as I have not taken HDR images before and I am all about exploring and learning new ideas.
When looking at his tutorial and how to set the camera I realized one major flaw. I don't have a top range camera. I have a decent digital camera that when I went to look through the settings found a HDR setting. So I decided to go with it and went out into my yard and began shooting.














Eric Cheng Is an underwater photographer. Through Wetpixel Expeditions, Eric leads regular photography expeditions and workshops around the world. He has given seminars and lectures internationally at events such as TEDx, Boston Sea Rovers Clinic, DEMA, Digital Shootouts, Kona Classic, Scuba Diving Magazine events, and others. Eric is also involved in ocean conservation, and is a Director at Shark Savers, an organization dedicated to the preservation of shark populations around the world. Wetpixel is the premiere community website dedicated to underwater photography and videography.

No comments:

Post a Comment