Wednesday 9 October 2013

Beginning Project.

Initially I wanted to take a wide variety of photo's of different idea's for a project. One of them was to take a photo of the school building, alas most of the middle school buildings are separate small ones and there's alot of interference of trees and stuff. Reason why I don't want those in the image is because I was going to edit the image by drawing on the buildings in the image and apply edits such as flames or barbed wire etc to create a vision that middle schools are discipline and punish type thing.

Then came along a major milestone in my life that disrupted my normal daily activities. My aunt came and informed me of so many different things I couldn't contemplate that it completely spun my mind out. So whilst trying to deal with that, I have been trying to get through my artwork. Unfortunately all my wonderful idea's that were in my head I couldn't go out and do every single one of them. I did attempt my student photograph idea.

Went and took some portrait photo's of some middle school students. They are dressed in their school uniforms looking like typical good students, then they are dressed as their casual selves looking like typical bad students.









I want to somehow create a image that displays both of these in an artistic manner. One idea is to put both images on one with them blended together type thing. Print out both images cut out square pieces and mix and match the images together so they look like both on one!!!!

Experimented with the photos on photoshop and using the artists I have previously researched and incorporating their works. Fazed some photo's together but due to the scrappy look and immense time consuming it would take to get finer details i scrapped using photoshop.


I do however like this one.


The one that stood out to me most was when I cut the photo's into pieces and mixed them to create a mismatched image of the two differences. Followed through with this procedure this time cutting them finely. Also to create two pieces of work took photo's of a male boy as they are part of school not just females, didn't want to be reclusive but include everyone.







 Drawing lines on the images to cut measurements



 Best experiment chosen to forward for project.

Experiment

Experiment

Experiment


They turned out well despite a small problem I realized during process of making, the photo's weren't exactly alike, they weren't eye to eye in measurements despite this proceeded on and actually didn't mind it so much once the image was completed. Rather liked it as it gave a mirrored two sided, different two worlds, effect thing.


Plan to print them out and finalise it on an A3 black cardboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment