Thursday 25 July 2013

Electronic Art

So electronic art is the form of art using technology. Incorporating electronic media more broadly referred to as electronic art… Electrifying! This relates to media, information art, new media art, video art, digital art, interactive art, internet art, and electronic music. It uses visually generated art by computers mostly, this includes electronic media such as camera’s, video camera’s and using items related to technology. Program's such as Adobe Photoshop come to mind, but then again there is also video games that are art themselves, such as EA (Electronic arts) which is the creator one of the most popular computer games to date Sims. 
I need to re-interpret a work of art from another artist (still or moving image, either historical or contemporary) into a new work that is representative of another period (Distinct movement or style) using electronic media.
Based from this I want to photograph my friend similar to Andy Warhol's Marilyn Monroe using my electronic media (Camera) and represent her in another period using Photoshop. Another period or movement could be Abstract the image, use mediums on Photoshop to create a water paint image etc.
Personally the form of electronic art I have keen interest in is photography. Doing video's or really 3 dimensional forms of art kind of make me hesitant, they seem rather complicated and out of my skills. That's not to say I won't try them, could I possibly make a 3D stick figure do a little dance as an art form, I've seen no really participated in myself, programmes that allow you to create these little stick figures and create a sequence of actions. I could also incorporate the audio form of electronic art by applying a sound o the background or a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment