Thursday 25 July 2013

Ted Jr 'Turn the world Inside out'

More or less I want to base my project inspired by him with my passion about education, the middle school. What I want to do is to take portrait images of students (Not to sure how many, the more the merrier) from each and every middle school in Darwin in their school uniform and allow them to have a quote or saying that I will type onto the image. Because in my studies about middle schools there is an issue of 'Identity', students want to have this. But I've found that this gets distorted and teachers and professionals think that when they talk about identity they talk about the career choice a student wants to represent. In my experience I've learnt that this is not the case, Identity to students means how they present themselves to the world today, how they dress, how they act, what social norms they do like basketball etc, what music they listen to. So I want them to express this by a quote or a song lyric or something that I will type onto the photo. To present this I was either thinking about making a photo album poster book or large scale posters that I might put around the place. The final presentation can still be worked on. I could create a video using a song as a music background a it slides across each student and their quote. Need to research more and different ways to present this project in Electronic Media.
http://www.ted.com/pages/prizewinner_jr

No comments:

Post a Comment