Thursday 1 August 2013

Poster Pop Art





 The first image is the original photo I took of my friend. I was careful in making sure there was no background interference because I knew from previous experience that it is quite difficult using the technique to select just the face and delete the back ground so that it is a somewhat clean way of editing the image into poster. Once I had satisfactorily gotten the part of the photo that I wanted and had a clear background I was free to use the 'Posterize' filter on photoshop. I was shocked how effective it worked. Afterwards I applied another filter called 'postcard' or photocopy. The result is the black outlined image of my friend, after that it was just a matter of ease by applying a paint black to change the colour from black to red yellow and blue.
I think if I managed to collage the photo's together I could create a re-enactment of a poster pop art of my friend inspired by Marylin Munroe.  It's quite dramatic in tone with the vibrant primary colours, the shape remains organic to human standard,there is quite alot of negative space but this is the effect I was hoping to achieve as the main focal point is the face and the poster details of the human features such as the eyes and eyebrows, nose, cheeks, mouth and teeth as well as the chin.


No comments:

Post a Comment