Monday 5 August 2013

Print.Edit.Upload.Edit?

This blog is going to contain images that I have selected to print, and then edit using contemporary art materials such as pen, pencil, texta, chalk, watercolours etc.



The first image is one one I found from my sister. She took the first image herself, I printed the photo wrote some interesting dialogue, drew a hand gesture in texta and drew some different facial features, at first the feautres were done in a purple pen, then a thicker black pen and finally a texta. I drew flame outlines in the corners and then started chucking abstract lines all over the image. It looks pretty dramatic with the plain overdrawing. Kinda stands out with the contrast of dark brash texta black on a sepia tone image.


The above image is a photo of my Idol P!nk, Alecia Moore. I specifically chose a black and white photo so that I could chose a more colourful textile to use on the photo. I chose chalk, and coloured her white blonde hair with purple her lips as well, her shoulder tattoo is orange and her dress has been coloured in green, The background I originally did a an oddshapped sun in the corner but bkurred and smudged it out as I didn't like how it looked (childish and pathetic) I wanted to chuck in some lightning to give it an elemental look and though lightning was outstanding, particularly a bright vivid blue. All of the colours were chosen keeping in mind I wanted highlighted colours that would stand out not subtle soft colours that would blend in. I also chose colours keeping in mind I didn't particularly want them to harmonize with one another more or less standout together.

No comments:

Post a Comment