Thursday 22 August 2013

Proposal

Influential Artists
"The faster our world moves, the more important the still image...time to stop, to breathe, to feel, to think, to reflect." Natsky

Natsky is exactly what I want to portray in my works. She inspires me and I can relate to her in how I wish to achieve my photography. Just like her I am a self taught photographer, I picked a camera up took a photo and so far began developing my photographic interests. She shoots on instinct, to capture whatever may be in her frame of view. Her style features space, unusual perspectives and lots of shallow depth of field, creating photos that are interesting and a little quirky at times.
Her photography is raw, natural, beautiful, interesting and a little bit quirky.
As a self confessed voyeur, she delights in capturing those candid moments amongst the hoopla;
the holding of hands, the sentimental smile, the joy of a performance, the excitement of a child...
...along with the atmosphere and emotion of any event: a rainforest wedding, a live concert or a street parade.
 

Music, events and wedding photography...the fuel that fires her belly and feeds her soul!

I enjoy taking photo's of small friendly dinner gatherings, sentimental moments such as a couple scene one that I did was of a friend and their partner whom were expecting at the end of the month and what wanted to capture a scene of her pregnancy, I like to create scenes in which I gather my friends with a common subject or theme such as a formal one or dress up one.
Memories are what fuel my strive for photography, capturing those moments you wish you'd never forget, the ones you go over and over and reflect, the ones that you just cant seem to not go back and look at.


"Everything you can imagine is real."

– Pablo Picasso

"Art is a lie that makes us realize truth."


– Pablo Picasso

“If you don't know what color to take, take black.”
– Pablo Picasso
“People who try to explain pictures are usually barking up the wrong tree.”
– Pablo Picasso
Salvador Dali Quotes


Issues and Concerns
Politics, particularly the defence side of things. I can't help but notice during all this political squabble that no-one's mentioned Defence? I question myself because I tend to live under a rock and miss things but seriously, I see alot of attention and focus on education, tax, boat people, etc. But what about the defence, the one's sent over seas to deal with terrorism? To help third world countries develop better? The last I heard was that Osama Bin Laden had been executed and soldiers would gradually be drawn out of Afghanistan. I haven't heard nor seen this to confirm it. The defence in my opinion is the backbone of this country and I havent heard much in government plans concerning them, makes me feel oh so much safer in this country that they haven't been included.

Philosophies
Sarcasm and Sass are fundamental. Sometimes it's better to never ask why- P!nk. If you don't fit in then your probably doing the right thing. Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family.Smile. Be passionately curious. Don't raise your voice, improve your argument. Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all - Aristotle. Mistakes are lessons. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle. Don't limit your challenges, Challenge your limits. "Intelligence without Ambition is a bird without wings" Salvador Dali.  Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire. If you can't explain it simply enough, you don't understand it well enough - Albert Einstein.
P!nkP!nk is another inspiration in my philosophy of life. " My definition of freedom is knowing who you are, and then being it. No matter what anyone else is doing"

Robert Downey jrRobert Downey Jr is inspirational to me in the case that he doesn't give a fuck, says not to give a fuck, don't let others fuck you. Smile, listen, agree, then do whatever the fuck you wanted to do in the first place.

Abraham LincolnI don't have a religion or quite definately believe in anything, God Karma whatever. But I do believe what Abraham says is the best thing I can relate to in terms of religion.

Ideas that engage me
Taking photo's of simple things in my life that are of such importance that when they go I know I'll miss them.
Black and white photography but I like to add my own twist by picking out a certain colour that I feel stands out and highlighting it amongst the black and white.
Panorama, certain landscapes and environments that I specifically come across all the time. Such as Uni, the beach, outbush where I love to camp etc.

Your materials and their implication (Analog or digital)
My materials are digital, a digital camera and the computer program Photoshop. I plan to take photo's and edit them using this program. Photography implies shooting a still image of a subject, scene, another artwork the idea's are limitless. It's what you see or want to see at a moment that you want to hold forever. A moment in time frozen. "Perpetual motion the image wont focus a blur is all that's seen" A line from a verse in a song I like to listen to quite a bit. Photoshop implies editing, recreating, using a computer as a pen, scissors, paintbrush, etc.Combining these two together could be enigmatic in that you could a have regular image and turn it into something irregular.

Does it have weight culturally?
The photograph's are what I would take of my own culture I guess. And some other people might relate cause we may have cross cultures in which the landscape and environment pictures might be the same.

Is it cutting edge?

What is your general plan?
To take photo's at the instant that I feel I like what I see in my view.


No comments:

Post a Comment